India: Day 1

Well I made it through day one of India! Now I didn't really know what to expect despite all of my research and reading, so there were shocks to me.

To start off with, I arrived at my hotel/apartment at 4-ish in the morning. There was no internet connection so I was unaware of the "real" time in Bangalore and had ZERO way to contact the fellow India team. Stressful to say the least. Thankfully, my group is awesome and found me. And as you can tell, I have some internet as of now.






We explored the city together with Uber as our friend and our internships-our destinations. We had a great meal at Tobey's with curries that I can't name and watermelon juice (with ice 😶) and we all ate with no incident. We ate delicious baked goods at Fatima's around the corner.









On our long adventure, I kept my eye out, taking in everything, hoping to soak up all of the city. Here's the list I came up with of what I already love/find interesting about Bangalore:
  • Cows just wander the street (I'll take pictures next time)
  • Driving in Bangalore is terrifying, but so fun. There's always near accidents, and sometimes there's no seat buckle for the seatbelt so you just take a deep breath and hold on. 
  • On the note of driving, Uber is super cheap and I took an hour ride home last night for $3.50USD 
  • Everyone tries to help, even if you're note making the most amount of sense. 
  • There's green spaces everywhere with lakes or trees.



Comments

Popular Posts