SELCO Weeks 5,6,7

So I've been at SELCO Foundation for an entire 7 weeks! I can't believe that for the past 7 weeks I have worked 6 days a week for 8 hours a day. I've survived, and only have 1 week left.

It's been such a cool experience. I truly don't think that this is an experience everyone has. Especially having a chance to work for an organization like SELCO. I've learned so much about education as well as many other facets that are connected. You truly learn how to do anything and everything at SELCO.

So here are some of the things I've been working on these past three weeks:
  • Attended SELCO Foundation's Quarterly Meeting, and nerded out over the talk about NGO infrastructure and programs
  • Completed my major project for SELCO Foundation
  • Designed/modified two card games for middle school students that promote invention and creative, out of the box thinking. 
  • Created a 3 year book proposal for books on sustainability for SELCO
  • Proposed a project for myself: a document on disability and inclusion for facilitators working in the schools. 
    • Was approved as a project
    • Worked relentlessly on the document which has become 10 pages long
  • Led a team building activity in which I forced 20 of my fellow coworkers to hold hands and compliment the person next to them.
  • Attended a partnership meeting with an NGO in Bangalore whose speciality is in composting
  • Played human tug-a-war with my coworkers at 10am in the morning, and our team won. 
  • Attended Sristhi Collective which is a design showcase from students from various colleges. Had an opportunity to become extremely intimidated by the creativity and intelligence of many, many students. 


With one week left I'm not sure what is left in store for me, but I do know that I am excited to see what is left for me to learn. Plus our morning team building activities are the best. I have one of the greatest groups of people to be around all week. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts