India & Food

Alrighty, the time has come for me to discuss food. I managed to go two months without getting sick (due to any food). Which is fairly impressive, if you ask me.
I know it's sideways, I couldn't figure out how to fix
it. Anyways this is Bhalla Papdi Chaat. 

Let's start off with what I love, some things will be described because I don't know names:

1. Chaat, this is by far my favorite thing I've ever eaten in the world. It is delicious and there's several types so I always have variety.

Dahi Bhalla Chaat 









Chaat Street aka My Home. Literally the best chaat I've had in the city,
and I've had a lot! This is me creeping on them while eating chaat. 
The rest will now be listed in no particular order:

  • Dosa (various types) 
  • A bread with coconut syrup drizzled on top
  • Poori masala 
  • Roti
  • Naan
  • Fast food chicken (trust me, it's 10x better)
  • All the food people offer me at work
  • Potato based anything
  • Bhuna Chicken Sandwich (delicious) 


Things I do not care for:

  • Almost all Indian sweets (too sweet!)
  • Jeera Goli (? I might be wrong on the name of this one) It's a digestion snack, but people like it and eat it like candy. 
  • Paneer sandwich from Cafe Coffee Day (aka India's Starbucks)
  • Taco Bell
Drinks that I've tried and the verdict:


  • Aloe Vera - Lychee Flavor... Nope
  • Masala Soda (a 7Up brand)... Never again. I drank half the bottle before I realized I hated it. 
  • Bumsuckerwala cocktail (frozen raspberry, thyme, and vodka)... yes
  • Mango Lassi... yes
  • Lemon tea from work... amazing
  • Tea from work... yes
  • Coffee from work... yes
  • Fresh Mixed Fruit juice (note the caption on the picture below)... yes
  • Fresh squeezed lime juice with soda... My Favorite. 
  • Fresh squeezed lime juice with mineral water...yes
  • Sugar Cane juice with lime... yes
Are you sensing the theme? I LOVE lime anything!

The mixed fruit juice I had... 5 minutes after this picture was taken, a fly flew into my half
drunken (?) glass and lived out the last few seconds of his life, ruining my juice. 

Restaurants (In case you ever visit, or I visit again):

  • Eat Street, Neighborhood: Koramangala: It's like an outdoor food court, with cheap prices. I go and sprend usually 200 rupees ($3.13 USD) for A LOT of food.  There's so much food to eat and chai to be drank and sweets to be had. And chaat to be ordered :)

This is me in front of the Eat Street sign, which is the place I get chaat most nights.
I got to act like a tourist for .02 seconds, and some nice lady took my picture.
  • Soda Bottle Opener Wala, Area: St. Mark's Road: it's a Parsi restaurant, so amazing food and wonderful cocktails. Everything is full of flavor. 
  • MTR, Area: Everywhere: Breakfast, period. It is delicious breakfast food that you can stuff yourself with. Delicious and not badly priced at all. 
  • Koshy's, Area: St. Mark's Road: It's a slightly speedier restaurant where you can get Indian food or American food. I had the fish and chips when I went (it was only my 4th day in India, don't judge) and it was super good.
  • The Egg Factory, Area: Multiple locations: Eggs. Delicious eggs, but eggs. Also really good Mango Lassi 

Comments

Popular Posts